Thursday, January 21, 2010

Through The Lens Thursday #24

We've lived in Florida for a month now. Right after moving here the weather turned cold. And while we certainly weren't dealing with the snow and sub-zero temperatures like the rest of the country, we were dealing with temperatures in the teens and 20's. Not exactly beach weather! Things are finally warming up around here though and Monday I was reminded of exactly why we made the move down here. The girls were out of school for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday and the weather was gorgeous. That afternoon we decided to head to the beach for the first time since the move. The temperature was hovering right around 60 with a cool breeze blowing but it was warm enough to enjoy our time. There were tons of shells and Sister even found a whole sand dollar. She also spotted a starfish in the shallow water near the shore. It was black and orange and very cool. The girls ran and played and had a grand ole' time. I followed them around with my camera and reveled in the fact that we live close enough to the beach to take them there for the afternoon. As the sun began getting low in the sky, we left for home with sand covered toes and the smell of salty air on our clothes.

I only took along my lensbaby for my camera. I've had it for several years and never have quite gotten the hang of it. I had many, many bad pictures this go around as well but a few were keepers.










Each Thursday I share a glimpse at life through the lens. If you'd like to participate leave a link to you blog post below. Please keep links family friendly.

4 comments:

Micah, Tiffany, Andrew, Elijah, Isaac, Eliana, and Isabella said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you are keeping up with the speed of life. Hope things are seeming more and more normal for you in FL:)

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love the effect! I just have a point and shoot, but it gets the job done for the time being :)

paparazzimom said...

love those shots! Glad you got to enjoy the beach!!!

Eden said...

Oh, that first photo is so dynamic with the tilted horizon and wind blown hair - awesome. I also like the other two. So glad you can enjoy the beach!