Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Chapter

Fourteen days ago I sent both my kids off to their first day of school. My oldest was off to her first day of 3rd grade and my baby girl to her first day of Kindergarten. I've had a few years to adjust to my oldest being in school. Don't get me wrong, I miss her every single day and I cried buckets full her first day of Kindergarten. However, I've had some time to adjust. But now it's time for me to adjust again. I didn't even make it out of the school building on the morning of August 13th before the tears came. I quickly ducked into a bathroom after both kids were safely in their classrooms, kissed and wished a wonderful first day. There, in that bathroom, I just let the tears flow awhile. Once composed I went to my car and just let those tears flow a little more. Walking out of the school without baby girl holding my hand just didn't seem right. Coming home and baby girl not being there to ask me to snuggle with her for a little while left me feeling rather lost. And then again, walking up the hill to meet the bus alone made it clear that life was changing. But even with the sadness, it's really such a wonderful and exciting time. We are blessed as mothers to be able to let go of our children a little at a time. I get little opportunities to let them go and try out their wings but for now at least they are still coming back home to me.

I have found this song to be such a blessing and encouragement to me these past couple of weeks. Enjoy!






And I can't talk about the first day of school without sharing some photos.
Sisters ready to go.


Getting baby girl settled into her classroom.

Sissy is ready for 3rd Grade


As I was waiting for the bus to arrive and drop my two favorite little girls off my neighbor drove by on her way home and stopped to talk. She commented on my standing there alone and said she remembered when her youngest went to Kindergarten. She said it felt like you were turning the page in a book to a new chapter. And that's exactly where we are as a family. This is our new chapter.











No comments: