Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Zzzzzzz.......Oops!

I overslept this morning! I never oversleep. I remember hitting snooze at 5:50 a.m. I usually sleep until 6 or 6:10 a.m. but don't remember anything again until I awoke and looked at the clock at 6:50 a.m. The alarm was not going off but the light saying the alarm was turned on was still on. I have no idea if I just kept hitting snooze all that time or if the alarm just didn't go off again.

My first thought was that I'd just skip my shower and just take it when I got home after I took the kids to school. But then I remembered it was my day to volunteer and my volunteer time starts at 8:30 a.m. so I didn't have time to come home and take a shower. I ran and told the girls to wake up and then jumped in the shower for the quickest shower ever. Amazingly I managed to get make-up on, lunches packed, hair fixed, breakfast served and get us out the door on time. I did have to run home in between dropping off the girls and volunteering to grab a form I had forgotten to fill out that was due today.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have to. Nothing like a little pressure to get things done. Speaking of which, I believe I have some packing to do.....

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh I just hate sleeping in late by accident! It always starts my day off wrong.... puts a kink in my mood for the entire day! Sounds like you worked through it well :)