- My dad fixed up my sister's childhood bike so the girls will have a bike to ride whenever we visit. He did a fantastic job on it. I looks brand new. Yay Dad!
- My sister and nephew joined us at my parents so the cousins got lots of playtime.
- My mom made her lasagna for dinner one night. I never make lasagna even though I love it because my kids won't eat it. It was delicious! Thanks, Mom!
- The drive from my parents' to Florida was ideal. Very little traffic, great weather, cooperative kids. Awesome.
- We managed to go to the beach all of the 4 full days we were there despite the rainy forecast.
- We probably should have skipped the beach on Thursday because of the storm system moving it. We braved the wind, sporadic light rain & pelting sand and avoided the water due to the rough surf. But we're not wimps so we were there by gosh!
- You can't be that close to the beach and not enjoy the fresh seafood so we ate dinner at my favorite little seafood place one night. All you can eat shrimp for The Man and a Shrimp Po'Boy for me.
- Lots of quality family time as well as hugs & kisses.
The trip home wasn't quite as awesome as the trip down. There was lots of traffic and many stops that made the trip home seem never-ending. We got home around 10 p.m. Saturday night only to discover that our heat wasn't working in the house and it was in the 40's outside. Thankfully, a good friend of ours was able to fix it yesterday. A plug had gone bad and he was able to get a replacement part for it so we are all toasty warm again. I love how God cares for us by putting just the right people in our lives. School's back in session and it's back to the routine. It's time for me to get more focused on preparing for the move which should happen over the Christmas holidays. Never a dull moment around here.
Happy week to you all!