Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Because I Need To Be Reminded

Because I need to be reminded almost constantly these days:

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:6-7


So I've had one of those weeks, you know, one of those weeks. Nothing really horrible just lots of little things that get under your skin and irritate you if you're not careful. I have been feeling tired, overwhelmed and whiny and well, that's just not any fun for anyone. I've tried to write a blog post on several occasions but they just sounded selfish and whiny so I waited for the attitude adjustment which finally seems to have arrived. Thankfully it arrived just in time. Sister was diagnosed with H1N1 today. She came home early from school yesterday with a fever. I took her to the doctor his morning and they confirmed what I suspected. Her symptoms are mild and hopefully this will be short lived.

Last week my Dad came up and we painted and painted and painted. It seemed never-ending at the time. We painted the front entryway, front hallway, livingroom, master bath and basement playroom. We also managed to close the pool while he was here and he installed new fixtures in the girls' bathroom and mowed my lawn. He's a good dad like that. It was a productive week and I am so grateful for his help.

So I have nothing on the agenda for the next few days now but to take care of my sick child, try to keep the other child healthy and keep the status quo around the house. I can handle that, right? Yea, and this is where I refer back to the verse above.

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh no! I hope that she gets to feeling better fast and that no one else gets it!

Sounds like you got a lot done in a week.... sorry you had a bummer of a week though.. I have had those before!

Kirsty said...

Praying for your sick girl and that you all remain healthy. Enjoy the downtime while you can. I'm glad your dad helped you to get so much done. Hang in there, things will be easier soon I'm sure xo

Pam said...

I hope she feels much better soon. Hope your week gets better. I'll keep you and your family in prayer.