Thursday, June 18, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Kimba at A Soft Place To Land is hosting a garden party. I have enjoyed looking at all the wonderful gardens and outdoor projects her readers have shared and thought this would be a great opportunity to give an update on my container garden . We have had a ton of rain lately and the plants are becoming so lush. I'm still eagerly anticipating my first "harvest".

My container garden when it was first planted.


My container garden now.



Not included in the first picture is this bean plant. Sister brought it home from school and we didn't think it was going to survive. We were wrong.



Bell pepper plant with a promise of fruit.


Look, a tomato!


I've also been working on my flower beds this year. This is a hanging basket I added near the front steps.

I also added Black Eyed Susans to my front bed this year and they are just starting to bloom.

3 comments:

Mikki said...

wow! I remember when you first posted these! And look at it now!! It looks great!!

You have a green thumb!!!

Janet said...

Thanks. I'm not so sure about the green thumb. I plant, I water, I occasionally feed if I remember too. I think it due to all the rain we've had.

Kimba said...

They look great! Love it!

Kimba