Monday, February 16, 2009

Made With Love

I was inspired over the Christmas holidays to start making more gifts myself. I thought Valentine's Day would be a great time to give this a try. So I whipped up some tasty treats for the family and made their cards as well. I was curious to see how the girls reacted to made by Mom gifts. It was very well received. Their reactions were great and Sister Girl was still thanking me last night for making Valentine's Day so special. Love that girl.

On the list of treats were truffles, chocolate dipped strawberries and iced sugar cookies. I did add a handful of Hershey kisses to the girls boxes as well.


Here are the gifts I gave them:



I loved The Man's reaction to his double layered box of goodies.

The girls were thrilled with theirs too.



I was showered with treasures as well.
Beautiful flowers from The Man...

A printed card and picture of hearts from Baby Girl. So sweet. And I love best guess spelling.

And this beautiful picture from Sister Girl

We finished our day with our traditional meal of Red Hot Love Burgers and Baked Spicy Fries with Baskin Robbins Love Potion Ice Cream for dessert. This tradition began years ago when we were young, broke and kidless. It was all we could afford then. Now it's something we look forward to each year.

It was truly a lovely day and I feel so inspired to mke sure more of the gifts I give are made with love.


1 comment:

Stefani said...

That is soo awesome. The love shown from the heart is always the most memorable. Your girls will be remembering this in the years to come!!! Your the best mommy and wife!!!