Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good Character


com·pas·sion
-Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.
As I mentioned in my Thanksgiving post, the new counselor at the school my girls attend started a new character building program. Each month they focus on a particular character quality and at the end of the month/beginning of the next month 2-3 children from each class that demonstrate that particular month's character quality and are given a Good Character Award. Yesterday Sister Girl excitedly shared with me that Baby Girl had been chosen from her class for showing December's character quality of compassion. Baby Girl was embarassed when I asked her about it but then her face lit up when I showered her with praise. I love that she demonstrates this quality at such a tender age. It is a quality I hope both my children grow up with and demonstrate throughout their lives. It is what we are instructed to do.
1Peter3:8 (NKJV)
Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;

3 comments:

Mikki said...

How precious!!! What a sweet girl!
Says a lot about her mama too! :-)

Stephanie said...

You must be so proud! Very sweet!

I agree, the way she acts says alot about her Mama!

Great post!

Kirsty said...

awww...I agree, she gets it from you :)