Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Merry Little Christmas

As we prepare for the new year, I thought I'd take a minute to share a few moments from our Christmas holidays. Since moving to Kentucky we haven't gotten to go home for Christmas. This year, however, my parents and grandmother came up the weekend before Christmas for an early celebration. We had a wonderful time. On Christmas Eve, the girls and I spent the day baking cookies, delivering treats to the neighbors and attending our church's Christmas Eve service.

The Man had to work that day and got home just in time to enjoy our traditional dinner of Chinese take out. After dinner we opened a few gifts as usual. They have to have the matching Christmas PJs you know. Then it was storytime. Sister Girl read The Crippled Lamb, Baby Girl, with help from Mom, read The Newborn King, The Man read Twas the Night Before Christmas and I read the story of Jesus' birth from the Book of Luke in the Bible.

The girls selected a few choice goodies and set them out for Santa before heading to bed.



I don't know how The Man and I have managed this but our kids, while excited, still manage to go to sleep quickly and sleep soundly Christmas Eve night. That was certainly not the case for me when I was a kid. And they even sleep until a decent time in the morning. It was 7:30 a.m. before we finally heard Baby Girl shouting "Guys you HAVE to wake up and see the presents!"





So presents were opened, toys and games were played with, books were read, phone calls were made to and received from family. We spent a quiet, lovely Christmas day celebrating Jesus, the greatest gift ever given. In every way, a merry little Christmas.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

It looks like the perfect Christmas! Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing!