Monday, September 29, 2008

Blessings

I'm waiting to see if Stef at My Love Knot is going to have Music Monday again but I still wanted to share a song that's really been hitting home these last couple of weeks. Since Stacey's passing I've thought a lot about the kind of legacy I'm going to leave. Do I bless the people in my life? Do I disappear and let Jesus appear? Do I point the way to Him? The name of my blog is Life in Focus not just because I love photography but because I always want to keep my life focus on Jesus so that my life's work will reflect Him. It' so easy to let our focus turn inward, to focus on ourselves. Believe me, I know. I've been there and I go there more often than I care to admit . And I've seen the results of living my life that way and it sure ain't pretty. But I know that by turning my focus to Jesus and choosing to bless others, I will find my greatest joy.

Some lyrics from my song choice go:
This day
Every blessing and curse is a choice now,
And we will choose to be a blessing for life.

Today I will choose to be a blessing.

The Blessing by John Waller



1 comment:

Stefani said...

Yeah I know...Im am soo lame...I didnt get my Music Monday pick in on time. Kids get out of school this week early and it wacked my schedule up a bit. I will get it next week tho LOL. Great pick for your song tho...Love it!!!!

Huge Hugs,

You've been awarded, my friend! Stop by my blog to find your award.